The President’s International Admission Scholarship is awarded to students with an exceptional academic record who have the potential to make outstanding contributions both in the classroom and beyond.
The President’s International Admissions Scholarship is a four-year award. Students selected for these scholarships will receive $10,000 CAD in the first year and the funds will be directly applied against the tuition bill. An additional $5,000 CAD will be applied against the tuition bill annually in the second, third, and fourth years of study.
Scholarship Consideration and Eligibility
- Consideration for the Western International Admission Scholarships is guaranteed if you have submitted your admission application through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) along with all of your supporting documents by March 15th, 2022.
- Eligibility will be based in part on the admission offer average calculated by Western’s Admissions Office. Western will determine averages for applicants who are not studying in a Canadian secondary school curriculum based on: curriculum, grading practices, and grading scale interpretation.
- Preference will be given to students from underrepresented regions.
- You must be studying on a Canadian study permit and paying international student tuition and fees. Any changes to your status in Canada that qualify you for domestic fees (i.e., Who Pays Canadian Tuition Fees?) after receiving a scholarship offer may render you ineligible for the initial and any continuing payments.
To retain the scholarship offer:
- You must be applying for admission directly from secondary school to a first-year undergraduate program to be eligible. Generally, students who have attended a post-secondary institution, or students who attended a post-secondary institution and then returned to secondary school, are not eligible. Please direct any questions regarding scholarship eligibility for your specific situation to the International Undergraduate Recruitment team at [email protected]
- You must meet the admission conditions as specified in your offer package.
- You must be registered for full-time studies (minimum of 3.5 courses) at the main campus to be eligible. If you enroll in a part-time course load, reduce your enrolment to part-time, or withdraw from the academic year, you may not be eligible to keep your international scholarship.
- International Admission Scholarships cannot be deferred.
When will you be notified?
If you are eligible to receive one of these scholarships, you will receive a notification email, prior to your admission response deadline, to the email address provided on your OUAC application. The scholarship will be applied against your first-year tuition.
Can the scholarships be combined with other admission scholarships?
- The International Admissions Scholarship can be combined with an Admissions Scholarship.
- The International Admissions Scholarship cannot be combined with one of the National Scholarships.